Sun Machine Games is a video game company that is focused on creating amazingly fun multiplayer games based on original IP. The company was founded in 2018 by 4 industry veterans, each with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Above all else, we all just love making games. In 2021, we are excited to grow our team to build our very first AAA title.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Gameplay Engineer who can dive deep into the project and proactively deal with issues at hand and also build for the future with the lead and senior developers to create a scalable and reliable product.
The person is a senior and solid engineer who can implement and maintain large scale projects and who can provide mentorship and guidance to younger engineers.
What are some of the tasks you will be doing?
- Analyze and design gameplay systems based on feature requests
- Build and maintain gameplay systems in collaboration with design and development teams
- Participate in gameplay development scheduling and planning
- Mentor the more junior members of the engineering team and work closely with them on daily basis
As a Sr. Gameplay Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with engineers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, gameplay, network, monetization, etc.
- Be a key part in designing and implementing fun and engaging gameplay systems
- Create, maintain and operate the live game features and systems
What are the qualifications for this position?
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5+ years professional game development experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a strong plus
- Mobile game development experience strongly preferred, especially experience with a large scale, successful titles
- Experience with backend as a service (Playfab, Gamespark, …)
- Comfort working in an agile, iterative software development process
- Experience working with Gamelift or similar
- Experience in profiling on different game platforms
- Experience in performance optimization, pipeline, data mining, general infrastructure, handling external plugins, SDK, and out-of-box tech solutions